Friday, June 19, 2009

New Beginnings

I've always kind of been torn between two vocations in life. The vocation to marriage and the vocation to ordination. People have always said that I would be good at both. I've always wanted a family and have been serious about pursuing the vocation of marriage. Well, I have decided that today I will begin on a new journey and become serious about pursuing a call to the priesthood. And intend to journal this journey anonymously through this blog. I'm not sure if I will be able to keep a daily blog, but I do hope to write down any thoughts or feelings and what I am doing with some frequency.

As you may know, today is the beginning of the Year for Priests in the Catholic Church on the 150th anniversary of the death of the Curé d'Ars, St. John Vianney. And one of the reasons I chose today to start this journey.

I did try to attend noon Mass today; however, Mass was moved to the morning followed by 12 hours of adoration. I guess I missed daily Mass on day one.

Dominus Vobiscum

1 comment:

Hidden One said...

At least you had the opportunity to Adore.